When you visit Children’s Dentistry, Dr. Mark Nelson and Dr. Treagan White will recommend a variety of ways in which you can help your child prevent cavities and maintain a healthy mouth. We are committed to helping your child develop the good oral habits that lead to a lifetime of smiles. For more information about cavity prevention in Centerville, Utah, and to schedule an appointment with our pediatric dentists , call us today at 801-295-8322.
Cavities are almost always the result of poor oral hygiene and a sugary diet. You can prevent cavities by:
- Ensuring that your child brushes their teeth at least twice each day, and flosses daily.
- Not putting your child to bed with a bottle. If the child insists on having a bottle, fill it only with water.
- Limit the amount of sugary foods and beverages your child consumes.
- Help your child maintain a balanced, nutritious diet, and avoid snacking.
- Bring your child to meet with our pediatric dentists every six months for preventive care.
- Ask us about dental sealants and fluoride treatments.
We welcome you to contact our office to learn more about how you can prevent tooth decay and keep your child’s smile healthy, and to set up a consultation with our caring pediatric dentists .